The Ann Foundation recently partnered with Nari-o-Sishu Kalyan Kendra (NOSKK), a women’s and child welfare center that works in 451 villages in the Uttar Dinjapur, Dakshin Dinjapur and Murshidabad regions of West Bengal.
NOSKK aims to:
- Help female villagers gain non-discriminatory access to work under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- Improve their access to training and other skill-building opportunities.
- Connect eligible women with non-discriminatory health services.
- Provide access to non-discriminatory education for children from socially excluded groups, particularly girls.
- Empower women who work as unorganized laborers or own small businesses to gain socio-economic equality.